ThermoFusion, as an ISO 9001:2008 certified heat treat and brazing shop, offers several secondary operations as part of its heat treating and brazing services. Operations include:
Welding that ThermoFusion performs:
Got a leaking part from another brazing shop? Call us, we offer complete braze repairs via welding, including aluminum parts!
Soldering that is performed at ThermoFusion:
Brazing Services offered by ThermoFusion:
- Torch Soldering
- Soft Soldering
- Silver Soldering
- Soldering temperatures are below 450C (842F). Brazing temperatures are above 450C (842F).
- Parts Washing – Films and residues, like machine oils and paint markings, can be washed away from parts. The process is economical and can be done by hand or by machine for multiple part washings.
- Degreasing - ThermoFusion is equipped to degrease any reasonably sized part with acetone, denatured alcohol, or methanol. This is done to ensure that oils and other contaminants are not baked into parts.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning – The scrubbing action of ultrasonics is suited for removing fluxes or other deposits from hidden and small spaces to provide the ultimate in cleaning.
Magnetic Annealing in Hydrogen or Vacuum
Flattening and Straightening:
- Helium Leak Testing – Post-braze parts are tested for leaks using our inboard helium leak tester. The instrument pulls a vacuum inside a part and can detect a leak rate as small as 1x10^-11 ATM-cc/sec. A leak test ensures our braze has completely sealed the part and no leaks will be experienced when the part is in service.
- Hardness Testing – Parts can be tested for hardness using various scales on our calibrated Rockwell and Brinell testers. Hardness testing is a representative non-destructive test for the mechanical properties of materials.
Did the parts warp after machining? We can help. We offer both flattening and straightening services, before and after heat treating and brazing. After undergoing heat treatment or brazing, parts, like plates and shafts as large as 5 feet, can be manually straightened using our 200 ton or 50 ton presses or straightened by combination of heat and pressure.
Blasting (Bead or Sand):
Parts that have undergone heat treatment or brazing can be sand or bead blasted to remove scale or to achieve a desired surface finish. The bead is the less abrasive blasting medium and is used to achieve a glossy surface finish.
Coordination with Other Processes:
After parts are treated and tested at ThermoFusion, they can be sent for further work, like grinding, electro plating, and electro polishing. We streamline the steps for a part to deliver it in the desired condition.
Turn Key Manufacturing:
Our metallurgists and engineers work with suppliers to procure raw materials and see them through the necessary processes to deliver a complete and finished product.